Biohacking for the Female Genitalia
VaginaLab™ represents an algorithm for helping women overcome sexual pain and dysfunction and find the most healthy and pleasurable sexual relations through individually designed combinations of therapies.
Primary modalities of VaginaLab™ include (but are not confined to) the following:
- O-Shot® procedure for restoration of blood flow and neurogenesis as well as restoration of the specific part of the pelvic floor related to sexual function and to urinary continence–the g-spot support muscles (GSSM)
- Intense training of the GSSM using the EMSELLA®
- Physical therapy and massage and pressure point release of the GSSM using thoughtful and individually designed techniques (provided either by a pelvic floor physical therapist or by the woman’s lover)
1. The O-Shot® Procedure & “Functional Clitoral Anatomy”
Runels CE, Melnick H, DeBourbon E., A Pilot Study of the Effect of Localized Injections of Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction. J Women’s Health Care 2014, 3:4
—>>>Click here to read. The introduction explains the science of the O-Shot®
Matz, EL: Safety and feasibility of platelet rich fibrin matrix injections for treatment of common urologic conditions Demonstrates O-Shot® methodology could be widely effective for stress incontinence in Women
2. Intense Training of the G-Spot Support Muscles (GSSM) using the EMSELLA®
3. Physical therapy and massage and pressure point release of the GSSM using thoughtful and individually designed techniques (provided either by a pelvic floor physical therapist or by the woman’s lover)
More Supporting Research
for the O-Shot® Procedure
Hersant B, et al, Efficacy of injecting platelet concentrate combined with hyaluronic acid for the treatment of vulvovaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women with history of breast cancer: a phase 2 pilot study. Menopause 2018, Vol 25, No. 10, pp. 1124-1130
Posey K, Runels C, In Office Surgery and Use of Platelet Rich Plasma for Treatment of Vulvar Lichen Sclerosus to Alleviate Painful Sexual Intercourse, Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease. 2017 Vol 21, #45. S14
O-Shot® for interstitial cystitis<–
We have found that inter-vesicular injections are not necessary–we see great results with our usual O-Shot® technique
Chapter 15 of the following medical text book includes a chapter (written by Dr. Runels) about the O-Shot® procedure with references to the research…
Goldstein AT, King M, Runels C, Gloth M, Pfau R, Intradermal injection of autologous platelet-rich plasma for the treatment of vulvar lichen sclerosus. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2017, 76(1), 158-160 (click to read)
**The first study with biopsies showing benefit from PRP for lichen sclerosus (using the O-Shot® techniques). The dermatopathologists were blinded to the before and after treatments and benefit was shown…
click to read<—(scroll to the next to last abstract)
**More research about lichen sclerosus treatment with PRP
click to read<–
**Combining PRP with surgery for clitoral-hood phimosis from lichen sclerosus using O-Shot® techniques…
Click to read<– (it’s on page S14)
Find provider who will consider treating lichen sclerosus with PRP (RESULTS WILL VARY)…
click<–(see the legend)
Apply for training as a member of the O-Shot® provider group
click<–(physicians and nurse practitioners)
Women suffering with lichen sclerosus–Apply to participate in our on-going research
Oakley Sh, et al, Clitoral size and location in relation to sexual function using pelvic MRI J Sex Med. 2014 Apr:11 (4):1013-1022
—>> Here’s more about the O-Spot (click) (not the G-Spot)
Michelle King MSc, Hillary Tolson, Charles Runels MD, Meghan Gloth MD, Richard Pfau MD, Andrew T Goldstein MD (lead investigator). Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Intradermal Injections for the Treatment of Vulvar Lichen Sclerosus
–>> click here & scroll to next to last abstract to read
Hom DB, Linzie BM, Huang TC. The healing effects of autologous platelet gel on acute human skin wounds. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007;9(3):174-183.
Sclafani AP, Romo TR III, Ukrainsky G, et al. Modulation of wound response and soft tissue ingrowth in synthetic and allogeneic implants with platelet concentrate. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2005;7(3):163-169.
O’Connell SM, Impeduglia T, Hessler K, Wang XJ, Carroll RJ, Dardik H. Autologous platelet-rich fibrin matrix as cell therapy in the healing of chronic lowerextremity ulcers. Wound Repair Regen. 2008;16(6):749-756.
Cervelli, Valerio MD; Lucarini, Lucilla MD.Use of Platelet-Rich Plasma and Hyaluronic Acid in the Loss of Substance with Bone Exposure. Advances in Skin & Wound Care: April 2011 – Volume 24 – Issue 4 – pp 176-181 [This one shows using the same techniques used in the Vampire Facelift (R) procedure to grow new skin WHERE THERE IS NO SKIN]
Redaelli, Alessio. Face and neck revitalization with Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): clinical-outcome in a series of 23 consecutively treated patients. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology – May 1, 2010
Azzena B, Mazzoleni F, Abatangelo G, Zavan B, Vindigni V. Autologous platelet rich [Using Regen prepared platelet-derived growth factors (a single-spin centrifuge) to rejuvenate the face & neck] plasma as an adipocyte in vivo delivery system: case report. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2008;32(1):155-161.
Cervelli V, Gentile P, Grimaldi M. Regenerative surgery: use of fat grafting combined10with platelet-rich plasma for chronic lower-extremity ulcers. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(3):340-345.
Cervelli V, Palla L, Pascali M, De Angelis B, Curcio BC, Gentile P. Autologous
platelet-rich plasma mixed with purified fat graft in aesthetic plastic surgery. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(5):716-721.
Cervelli V, Gentile P. Use of cell fat mixed with platelet gel in progressive hemifacial atrophy. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009;33(1):22-27.
Cervelli V, Gentile P, Scioli MG, et al. Application of platelet-rich plasma in plastic surgery: clinical and in vitro evaluation. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2009; 15:1-9.
Sclafani AP. Platelet-rich fibrin matrix for improvement of deep nasolabial folds. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010;9(1):66-71.
15. Sclafani AP. Applications of platelet-rich fibrin matrix in facial plastic surgery. Facial Plast Surg. 2009;25(4):270-276.
16. Sclafani AP. Safety, efficacy, and utility of platelet-rich fibrin matrix in facial plastic surgery [published online February 21, 2011]. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2011;13(4):247-251.
17. Kakudo N, Minakata T, Mitsui T, Kushida S, Notodihardjo FZ, Kusumoto K.Proliferation-promoting effect of platelet-rich plasma on human adiposederived stem cells and human dermal fibroblasts. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122(5):1352-1360.
18. Oh DS, Cheon YW, Jeon YR, Lew DH. Activated platelet-rich plasma improves fat graft survival in nude mice: a pilot study. Dermatol Surg. 2011;37(5):619-625.
19. Danielsen P, Jørgensen B, Karlsmark T, Jorgensen LN, Agren MS. Effect of topical autologous platelet-rich fibrin versus no intervention on epithelialization of donor sites and meshed split-thickness skin autografts: a randomized clinical trial. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122(5):1431-1440.
20. Anitua E, Sa´nchez M, Zalduendo MM, et al. Fibroblastic response to treatment with different preparations rich in growth factors. Cell Prolif. 2009;42(2):162-170.
21. Carroll RJ, Arnoczky SP, Graham S, O’Connell SM. Characterization of Autologous Growth Factors in Cascade Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM). Edison, NJ:Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation; 2005. Publication No. 128-XM 307C5.
22. Anthony P. Sclafani, MD; Steven A. McCormick, MD. Induction of Dermal Collagenesis, Angiogenesis,and Adipogenesis in Human Skin by Injection of Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix. Arch Facial Plast Surg.Published online October 17, 2011. [Biopsy-proven new blood vessel growth and new collegen using platelet-derived growth factors (using a single-spin centrifuge)]
23. Gafni-Kane, Adam MD; Sand, Peter K. MD. Foreign-Body Granuloma After Injection of Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Type III Stress Urinary Incontinence. Obstetrics & Gynecology: August 2011 – Volume 118 – Issue 2, Part 2 – pp 418-421doi:10.1097/AOG.0b013e3182161953 [showed a significant incidence of granuloma formation after injectin Radiesse like materials to treat urinary incontinence. Conclusion is that benefit is worth the risk].
24. Alijotas-Reig, Jaume MD, PhD. Foreign-Body Granuloma After Injection of Calcium Hydroxylapatite for Treating Urinary Incontinence. Obstetrics & Gynecology: November 2011-Volume 118- Issue 5-p 1181-1182 doi: 10.1097/AOG.0b-12e318235962d [Letter to editor challenging the idea that the benefit is worth the risk when using Radiesse like materials to treat stress incontinence–the point is that even with a risk of complications that require surgery, some gynecologist consider injecting around the urethera with Radiesse or Juvederm like material (i.e. the G-Shot™) to be an accepted practice. Yet with the PRP used in the O-Shot™ there seems to be ZERO risk of granuloma with even more benefit]
25. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists,Practice_Bulletin_No__119__Female_Sexual.38
[Therapy available, hormones and psychotherapy–that’s it]
If you’re a woman, and wonder if the O Shot™ may help you, then give us your email address and we will give you the name of the provider closest to you.