Topics Discussed Include the Following…
*Botox (and other neuromodulators) for depression-why it works and how to inject it.
*New Research that shows the “chemical-imbalance-of-serotonin” as the cause of depression is WRONG and how that relates to your Botox practice.
*The central effects of Botox
*The answer to the following question:
Hi Dr. Runels,
I have a 44y/o male with diabetes who came in for a P-Shot® consult.
His issue is that after an episode of diabetic ketoacidosis 4 years ago, he can’t maintain an erection.
If he uses a penis constrictor, he can maintain the erection.
It seems like a problem with the inability to maintain venous pressure.
He has seen urology, and they offered no solution.
He is asking if the P-shot may help.
Video/Recording of CMA Journal Club, Pearl Exchange, & Marketing Tips
Relevant Research, Relevant Links
- Al Abdulmohsen, Taleb, and Tillmann H.C. Kruger. “The Contribution of Muscular and Auditory Pathologies to the Symptomatology of Autism.” Medical Hypotheses 77, no. 6 (December 2011): 1038–47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2011.08.044.
- Caleo, Matteo, and Laura Restani. “Direct Central Nervous System Effects of Botulinum Neurotoxin.” Toxicon 147 (June 2018): 68–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxicon.2017.10.027.
- Khademi, Mohammad, Masoumeh Roohaninasab, Azadeh Goodarzi, Farnoosh Seirafianpour, Milad Dodangeh, and Arash Khademi. “The Healing Effects of Facial BOTOX Injection on Symptoms of Depression alongside Its Effects on Beauty Preservation.” Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 20, no. 5 (2021): 1411–15. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.13990.
- Martikainen, P, and T Valkonen. “Mortality after the Death of a Spouse: Rates and Causes of Death in a Large Finnish Cohort.” American Journal of Public Health 86, no. 8_Pt_1 (August 1996): 1087–93. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.86.8_Pt_1.1087.
- Mazzocchio, Riccardo, and Matteo Caleo. “More than at the Neuromuscular Synapse: Actions of Botulinum Neurotoxin A in the Central Nervous System.” The Neuroscientist 21, no. 1 (February 2015): 44–61. https://doi.org/10.1177/1073858414524633.
- Moncrieff, Joanna, Ruth E. Cooper, Tom Stockmann, Simone Amendola, Michael P. Hengartner, and Mark A. Horowitz. “The Serotonin Theory of Depression: A Systematic Umbrella Review of the Evidence.” Molecular Psychiatry, July 20, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41380-022-01661-0.
- Wise, Jacqui. “‘No Convincing Evidence’ That Depression Is Caused by Low Serotonin Levels, Say Study Authors.” BMJ, July 19, 2022, o1808. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o1808.
- Wollmer, M. Axel, Michelle Magid, Tillmann H. C. Kruger, and Eric Finzi. “The Use of Botulinum Toxin for Treatment of Depression.” In Botulinum Toxin Therapy, edited by Scott M. Whitcup and Mark Hallett, 263:265–78. Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/164_2019_272.
- Zamanian, Abbas, Atefeh GHANBARI Jolfaei, and Golnaz Mehran. “Efficacy of Botox versus Placebo for Treatment of Patients with Major Depression,” n.d., 3.
- Zhang, Qilin, Wenqi Wu, Yuxin Fan, Yang Li, Jing Liu, Yingying Xu, Caixia Jiang, et al. “The Safety and Efficacy of Botulinum Toxin A on the Treatment of Depression.” Brain and Behavior 11, no. 9 (2021): e2333. https://doi.org/10.1002/brb3.2333.
–>Apply for Further Online Training for O-Shot®, P-Shot®, Vampire Facelift®, Vampire Breast Lift®, Vampire Wing Lift®, or Vampire Facial®<–
–> IMPORTANT (ONLY) IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE CMA: Please take any relevant online tests so that we can immediately list you (and your clinic) on the directories and start supplying you with other helpful marketing and educational materials. Testing takes an hour at most (including watching the videos. If you want to expedite the testing, you can simply call the CMA headquarters (1-888-920-5311 9-5 New York time Mon-Thur; 9-12 Fri) and one of our business consultants will log you in and walk you through where to find the study materials and the tests. If you are already on the directories for the procedure(s) you provide, then you already took the tests or did hand-on training with evaluation by your instructor.
Cellular Medicine Association